Saturday, May 22, 2010

Starting a Blog

So why start a blog? Hmmm...good question.  I guess I thought it was time to make public my oh so many fascinating thoughts. Not really. It seems my thoughts are many and fleeting these days. Maybe it is age, but lately these days I have more thoughts in my head than a pubescent pre-teen. You think maturity would mean handling your thoughts and emotions better but it turns out you just learn to hide them better.

I think that is why I chose the name, Erma Bombeck Reincarnated, for this blog. I have always loved her work. I remember one of her books I came across when I was around ten. Out of boredom and lack of entertaining parents I would usually read whatever I could get my hands on. I was surprised how much I was enjoying reading the book while I was reading the book. I knew my mom was not a Stepford wife but had no idea she had a sense of humor about it.

I enjoyed Erma's dry whit, ability to find humor in the most mundane and her complete acceptance of not being perfect. It was such an eye opener for me at a young age. I haven't read Erma for many years and may need to brush up on some reading to get a better perspective these days. So welcome to my blog and hope you enjoy my thoughts as I try to gain perspective and clarity. 

“There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.” --Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment